Monday, July 01, 2002

touch.pray.touch

Hold my hand
Be as
One
with me, if only just for this moment
As we stand as
One
before our maker, praying the prayer that Jesus taught
Us.
When we don't know what else to pray, let's
pray and touch. Together.

Touch me while
We hallow God's Name,
Touch me as
We long for the kingdom,
Feel my hand tremble as
We ask that God's will be done on earth,
Secretly hoping he shares our will.

Touch my hand and
We will ask for bread every day:
Foodbread.
Sacrificebread.
Lovebread.
Godbread.
Forgivenessbread.

God has the kingdom,
The power,
The glory,
Foreverandeverandeverandever. And ever.

I have your hand,
Just for this moment.
Thank you for that.

When we touch again,
We
will pray that
We
share the peace of Christ.
Et cum spiritu tuo.

Touch me.
Two times.
Before we share the table.

Then
When we share Christ's table,
Then
I will have touched Jesus
Three times today.

Copyright 2002, Jay Ricketts. All rights reserved.

No comments: